NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella (Review)

Yay another review! LOL so today I will be reviewing +NARS Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella. I originally received it as a free birthday present from +Sephora for being a member. I got it in a sample size which I roughly estimated that it's worth $19.50 but that's if you buy it directly from NARS otherwise (it costs more!!!) I've been noticing that products shown on a brands website will have a lower price compared to what is listed at Sephora. I get it financially wise but as far as a customer that just plainly sucks. Besides I'm a frugal shopper and having to pay more at one place when I can obviously have it cheaper somewhere else is the best option for me. 

The full sized pencil at NARS is listed at $26. Basically, this is a combination of lipstick and lip pencil. It is not supposed to dry out the lips and it is not a twist up. It is formulated to be long lasting and made with vitamin E for creaminess. 

First off, I have to say that this color is right up my ally! It is described as a passionate scarlet red and is completely gorgeous! If you guys knows me or have been paying attention to my lip colors then you would have noticed that I go more for a darker lip color. Whether it be a dark nude lip or a vampy red they look the best against my skin color. Even if it is in the summer or winter or all seasons these lip colors look the best on me. 

For a matte lip color it does not dry out my lips at all. It lasts for a good few hours if you're not eating or drinking. When the lip color is messed up it's easy to remove and reapply. What I really love is that it is easy to sharpen all you really need is a sharpener that fits large pencils. Plus I love just how creamy this formula is! But I only have one thing to point out that I didn't like; it did eventually clump in the inner parts of my lips. 

It was the first time that I have ever tried anything from NARS and I do have to say that I am impressed. If their products are anything like this pencil then I'll love them. When I was applying this product I would first line my lips with a red lip pencil (you can also use the same lip pencil to line but it was too hard) then I would fill in the rest of my lips with the NARS lip pencil. 

As far as rating this product I am going to give it 4.5 stars on 5 and the reason is that it doesn't last when you're drinking or eating and it does clump up after a while. However, the color is amazing, it's super creamy and is my go to color. 

***Does not test on animals 👍***
Did you guys ever try out their lip pencils? Comment down below what you thought!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)