Ipsy January Glam Bag 2016 (First Impressions)

OMG I am so far behind! Okay so I know I have been falling behind on these first impressions but I promise that I will catch up.

Now if all of you do not know Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that for $10 or $20 for us Canadians a month you will receive 4-5 beauty products ranging from sample to full sizes. This is beneficial to those who want to try out different and new beauty products that otherwise wouldn't necessarily have been able to find in drugstores. Plus the value of the products you receive are higher than the $10 or $20 that you would pay.

So before I start off with the items I received I'll just tell you of this month's theme. So for the month of January the theme is All Eyes on You which is somewhat cool and it did match with the bag design but I still got a product that had nothing to do with the theme. I find that Ipsy has certain themes that don't match up with the products that they give. Kinda weird but oh well. As long as I get my bag with products I relatively like then I'll take it.


1-Peek Beauty (Natural Stain Brow Powder in Expresso)
This is a natural brow stain made from coffee seed oil, rosemary and thyme oil to condition brows (didn't know they needed conditioning). First off I would like to point out that I don't fill in my brows because I don't feel the need to. I have all of my eyebrow hairs intact so there is no point of filling in something that is already there. So this product is just going to be sitting in my collection. I only ever use brow products if I messed up while waxing my brows which I rarely do. On their site they are selling a duo that costs about $22 but the one I received is a single which I'm guessing is worth about $10 but don't take my word for it. Below is a swatch of the brow powder. The color is build-able if you guys were curious. 


2- theBalm Cosmetics (Mr. Write (Now) in Jac)
This is supposed to be a long lasting high payoff and satin smooth eyeliner. I did receive the full sized eyeliner which is worth a whooping $17. It is a rick golden color which is gorgeous if you'll take a look down below I have it swatched for y'all. I absolutely love colours like this. I know with my hazel eyes this eyeliner will compliment my eyes. I do have to say I am very excited to try out this product. 


3- City Color Cosmetics (Eye shadow Trio in Falling Leaves)
The trio in Falling Leaves is worth $5.99. Interestingly enough this eye shadow trio and another one are only available for sale to Ipsy subscribers. To be honest that sucks for others but I'm sure these shades can be found in other palettes (hopefully). This neutral trio contains a matte burnt orange, a metallic bronze and a champagne highlight. I absolutely love these colours. As you can see below I have them swatched and they are behind gorgeous. AWW I cannot wait to try them out! And if they apply anything like the way they swatch then I will be over the moon! 



4- Tucker Ashley (Advanced Peptide Eye Complex)
This eye cream is packed with Swiss apple stem cells, retinal, peptides and vitamins that are meant to hydrate, rejuvenate and targets the dark circles and puffiness. The full size product contains 0.5 oz/ 14g and is valued at $29.95. What I have is a sample that contains 0.34 oz/ 9g and is worth shockingly $20.36. Thus sounds like an amazing product and if it can achieve what it claims to do then I will be very happy. I do have some unfortunate dark circles from many nights of staying up late finishing assignments and being a teenager. I'm excited to try this product.

5- Promise Organic (Ultra Moisturizing Argan Creme Facial Lotion with Olive Oil)
This facial lotion is made with Argan and olive oil to improve the skins texture and smoothness. While also to deeply moisturize and replenishes your skin. All ingredients are 100% naturally derived and is safe for sensitive skin. This lotion is also for normal to dry skin. Full size is worth $14 while the one I have is worth $4.11/0.5 oz, I have combination oily skin in some areas especially in my t-zone. While I'm oily in some places in others I have really dry  skin. I'd really like to try it out and see how it goes.

6- January Bag
I like the bag, it feels well made compared to other one's that I've received. I do like the look of the bag because it goes along with the theme. I'm giving this bag a value of $5.

Overall Impressions
This bag in total is worth $62.46 which is pretty freaking awesome. I do like most of the products that I received but there were some like the brow powder and the moisturizing lotion. They are not products that I really want nor need. Otherwise I'm pretty darn happy with what I got.

Stay tuned for the next first impressions to come along. Don't forget to subscribe and let me know what you guys received in your bag.

Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)