Oval Brushes | Worth the Hype?

What is the one thing that has really stood out in the beauty industry for the past year? Oval brushes. Whether you are a part of the beauty community or not, you most certainly have heard or seen oval brushes. They seem to have become a vital part in creating makeup tutorials. No matter where I look in social media; when it comes to beauty, oval brushes are at the front-line for makeup brushes. And after buying a set off Amazon and trying them out I realize why they are so popular. 

From what I can remember from the start of the oval brush craze, I believe that it all started with Artis coming out with newly and oddly shaped brushes. Or oval shaped makeup brushes. I thought that they were sold on +Sephora  but it seems that that's not the case. However, you can check out Artis on their website right here. 

I usually never buy into the hype or what is currently 'popular' in the beauty community because after a while everyone covering the 'it product' their thoughts and opinions all start sounding the same. The reviews all blur into one and so do the opinions. And a lot of the time it's not because the product is great or amazing but it is because it was so hyped up. I am an honest and straight-forward individual and that transfers over into my blog. So when I review beauty items (or anything, really) I usually review the one's that are not being talked about the most. Or it's what I have in my beauty stash that I review. And me being a University student trying not to spend all my money on food, I would rather spend my money on not so hyped up items than on the most hyped up one's.

If you pay attention on the hyped items, you'll see that they are most of the time super expensive products. I don't know about you but this Uni student can't pay $60-$80 items. LOL let me correct myself, I can pay for those items I just choose not to. Is it so wrong that I rather spend my money on food and food and food? Oh and Tim Hortons iced coffee's. Rather than on super expensive products when I already have a bunch of beauty products that I need to use. 

After Artis came out with their oval brushes, many companies have been popping up with their own oval brush sets and with affordable prices. Artis brushes for a 10-piece set costs upwards of $350. That is way too much to be paying for a 10-piece brush set. Which is why I went on Amazon to see if I could possibly find some brushes at an affordable price, and boy did I find some. I cannot emphasize to you just how many different kinds of companies are selling these oval brushes. 

I found this 10-piece rose gold oval brush set on Amazon for under $25. It is from this brand called Neverland Beauty (never heard about them or know much about them) you can find the brush set that I bought right here.  There were several reasons why I wanted to try out these brushes. To see what the hype was about, to have more makeup brushes (cause a girl can never have enough) and to see how it will change how I apply my face makeup (concealer, foundation, primer etc). And did these brushes exceed my expectations. 

I did try to use them for the lips and for the eyes but they did not work so well for me. I prefer for the lips using smaller lip brushes. And the two smaller one's that I tried using as lip brushes didn't work well for me. I guess my lips aren't big enough. And forget using the two circular one's as eyeshadow brushes because it just did not work for me. But I can use them when dotting on cream products on my face. Also the super thin brush when using it for doing winged eyeliner was doable but it wasn't easy. Frankly, it is way easier using an angled liner brush than using the thin brush one. 

However, when using the larger shaped ones for my face (concealer, foundation, primer, setting powder, blush, bronzer etc) and they work really well for me. Especially, when I have to do my makeup in a rush because I have class I know I can count on these brushes to do my face makeup quickly and efficiently. They honestly have become a vital part of my makeup routine. I use the largest brush to apply my primer and even though that might be weird to use it for, it applies the primer perfectly on my skin. And my concealer game has been on point!

I finally get the fucking hype about these oval brushes! These brushes have completely changed my makeup routine and I am so much better for it. If you have doubts on whether or not oval brushes are for you; you will not regret it! You guys know I only ever recommend things/products when I truly believe in them. Guys, these brushes are worth it! I do have to say that you should try them out and see what works best for you. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and let me know what you think! Have you tried them? Own them? Or are you going to give them a try? Don't forget to comment down below and follow my blog for more 


Comments

  1. I am extremely inspired together with your writing skills and also with the format for your
    blog. Is this a paid subject matter or did you customize it your self?

    Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to look a
    nice blog like this one nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I truly appreciate your kind words. And all of the content on my blog including; reviews, opinions and the like are all original. I take pride on the blog I have created and am proud that you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there and thank you for your info ? I have definitely picked up anything new from right here.

    I did however expertise a few technical points using
    this site, as I experienced to reload the website lots of times previous to I
    could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK?
    Not that I'm complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will sometimes affect
    your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and
    marketing with Adwords. Well I'm adding this RSS to my
    e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective exciting content.
    Make sure you update this again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I looked into it and have made some changes and hopefully it settles that issue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)