Ipsy Glam Bag September 2015 (First Impression)

So...This is really late of me but better late than never, right? Gosh that sounded bad even to me. There is no excuse as to why I haven't done this first impressions for this September glam bag but please forgive me!

So Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that for $10 a month or for us Canadians $14.95 American you can receive 4-5 beauty products that range from samples to full sized products. If you guys want to check it out you can click here.

So for this month's bag the theme is face fashion. Love the concept but I don't think it was well executed. I thought I would have received more face products because that is the theme for September's glam bag but as you can see from the icture below that is far from what I got.


Ipsy Nyx EyeShadow Trio:
So this is eye shadow trio from Nyx is exclusive to Ipsy. It's "called" IpsyNyx01 which makes me believe that their will probably be more made for Ipsy. But focusing on what is important, these colors are amazing! They are totally up my alley and I can do a lot with these. If you don't believe me you can take a look below of my swatches. Okay they're not super pigmented but nonetheless they are pretty great colors to use. Especially, if you have green/brown/hazel eyes, Which btw I have hazel eyes. Plus these are colors that I wear all the time. This product is worth $6 and unfortunately it can;t be found on Nyx's website. However, this is my first Nyx product that I have ever owned and I'm super happy that I got it in my September glam bag.



J. Cat Beauty #MOTD Waterproof eyeliner (Bronze):
So this is my first ever J. Cat beauty product and I do have to say I am a bit disappointed. The one thing I really hate about liner pencils is having to sharpen it. But I think that is something we all really hate doing. But the worst part? This pencil liner is plastic so it's going to be really difficult to sharpen. I really love the color as all of you probably know by now but I really don't like when I went to twist the bottom (Because I thought it was a retractable pencil liner) that the cap came right off. As I said this is a beautiful bronze color and you can check out my swatch down below. This is a full-sized product and it retails for $3.99. If you want to take a closer look at it or want to check out what other product J. Cat beauty has you can click here. It has great staying power and it would be so beautiful to put in the waterline. So overall I really am happy I got this product in my bag. 


First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream:
Yet again this is my first ever product from First Aid Beauty. This is a sample size of 1 oz while the full size is 12 oz and is worth $42. So my 1 oz sample is worth $6.50. You can check their website and their product here. This cream is for intense hydration for dry parched skin. I love the smell and it's really practical to have these little hand creams. Especially with winter arriving. 

Vasanti BrightenUp!
Another first time product from a new brand. Brighten up! is an exfoliating cleanser that is meant to improve your skins texture to reveal softer, brighter and younger looking skin. This is a sample sized product that contains 20 grams. The sample is worth about $5.60 and if you want to look at more information on the product you can click here. I absolutely love facial cleansers so I am really happy that I got this product.

Trust Fund (Elegantly Wasted)
So first off, I have been on a long journey trying to find this color on the company's website to see if I could find prices but oh no. It didn't turn out that way. I couldn't find this color at all! I thought maybe it was an Ipsy exclusive but if it was then it would say that on the packaging. So a regular bottle containing 17 ml is worth $15. But mine has 15 ml so it's worth about $13.50. I love the color and I love the brands mission statement. I never owned anything from this brand before until this glam bag. I like the heaviness of the bottle (weird thing to mention). It's weird for face fashion I would get a nail polish. It's not like I always keep my hands on my face expecting to be in a photo shoot.

September Bag:
Okay guys I am having a very emotional moment with this bag. Only because it is the best looking bag I have received thus far. I really love the quality and length of it.  I think I might actually use this as a clutch when I go out. This bag is worth $5. 

Overall First Impression:
The total value of this bag is $40.59. It is a bit below to what an Ipsy bag is usually valued as but nonetheless I am super happy with this bag. I think mostly for the bag :P Overall not bad Ipsy, not bad at all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)