Straight A At Stanford And On To Harvard By: Peter Rogers MD (Book Review)

*Disclaimer*
I received this book to review.

I usually don't read books like this but it is a great way to expand my horizons. I am happy I did receive this book because I wouldn't read something like this otherwise. I usually stick with teenage/young adult fantasy supernatural fictional books but I do have to step away from my comfort zone to really grow intellectually. 

This book is essentially filled with lots of study tips/ tricks, thinking strategies, memorization techniques, and Mr. Peter Roger himself talks a lot about his own experiences. This book is relatively long but the chapters are short. Mr, Roger writes about his experience of being the worst student in his class at Standford and eventually turned it all around and became the best student in his classes and then went to Harvard and accomplished the same thing with getting 99% on his board exams. 

He gives a lot of great advice about how to succeed in your classes but I feel this book would benefit more for science students because that's where he started studying in. However, a lot of these tips would benefit any and all students who want to succeed in their classes. 

He does use a lot of quotes in his book and some of them I already knew. He uses some from Oscar Wilde, Nietzsche and from people that he has come across. 

He also gives tips on how to live a healthier life, what to do to have better focus in life, and even how to live a balanced life. But he gives us a lot of information that is important for us to know. 

On a side note I did find it funny that Peter quoted himself. 

There was this one thing that he said that really stuck with me. He said that it doesn't matter how many degrees that you have but what is truly important to succeed financially is to have great social skills. He also said that people don't become doctors because of the money but because they want to help people. Business people are the ones that really receive the high wages. Now keep in mind that Rogers lives in the states so it will be different in whatever country you live in. 

Now for what I really didn't like about his book.
1. No page numbers. I never read a book that didn't have page numbers. So I found that really strange. 
2. The grammatical errors. Rogers made a comment about life being too short to worry about grammatical errors but there were way too much of those in his book. 

Rating 
So now onto the rating of this book. I'm going to give it 3 out of 5 stars because it does contain a lot of valuable information for us students but it didn't have page numbers, contained lots of grammatical errors and  it was boring at times. 

Any book you would like me to review? Email me at AmandaWeidensjo.inquiries@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)