Kiss The Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #21) By: Laurell K. Hamilton (Book Review)

 ***This review will contain spoilers***

Summary:

When a fifteen-year-old girl is abducted by vampires, it's up to U.S. Marshal Anita Blake to find her. And when she does, she's faced with something she's never seen before: a terrifyingly ordinary group of people - kids, grandparents, soccer moms - all recently turned and willing to die to avoid serving a master. And where there's one martyr, there will be more...But even vampires have monsters that they're afraid of. And Anita is one of them...

One of the saddest things that could happen is the summary being better than the book. This summary has more plot than the book itself. At this point, I have no one else to blame but myself. This series has gone downhill quicker than the stock market crash. I don't understand how a series can start off so damn amazing to now each book barely having any plot.

Lately, the way the books have been turning out is that we have some type of plot at the beginning to kinda get the story moving but then the majority of the book (middle part) is just a shit ton of sex scenes and stupid drama between the men. It's like Hamilton can't write one book without there being multiple sex scenes and an inner monologue of why Anita is like one of the guys. It's hilarious just how cocky Anita has gotten. Hamilton writes as if all women hate Anita and are jealous of all her sexual partners. That alone is just too much to unpack. The level of insecurity someone must have to write a book on how all women hate her protagonist and then said protagonist keeps having inner monologue moments tearing other women's appearances down while boasting her own. 

The writing has become so lazy that even the ending is not satisfying at all. The 'wrap' up of the story was a suicide bomber at the Guilty Pleasures night club keeping her sweeties hostage to get a chance to kill Anita and to weaken her master Jean-Claude but instead of having a awesome and badass Anita Blake fight that shit gets resolved in less than 20 pages. All the sweeties ended up using their superhuman speed and tackled the bomber before he could detonate the bomb. As if some of these guys with the best training couldn't have figured out to do that without Anita (major eye roll). 

I hate myself for putting me through this painful as fuck series. I used to love reading and now I dread opening up her books because I cannot get through more than a couple pages at a time. I really need to speed read through the rest of the series or I'll be forever stuck in this hellhole of terrible writing. 

Rating:

Zero stars on 5. I don't think I need to go into a lot of detail on why I'm giving this book zero stars. It absolutely sucked. What little 'plot' we were given still sucked so much. Please pray for me so I can find strength to finish this series. It's truly become the bane of my existence. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)