Tarte | Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Birthday Suit (Review)

 Product summary:

A full coverage, vegan liquid lipstick with a light, velvet texture and a vibrant, non-drying matte finish. Provides a bold, matte look with a weightless, whipped texture and super concentrated, non-drying mineral pigments. The long wear formula glides on without settling into fine lines, while the tarteist paint brush wand provides easy, single-swiped applications. 

Full size product costs around 27$

***Cruelty free ❤***

The color is a lot darker compared to how it appears in the tube but it's still a nice nude lip color. My issue with it is the way it settles and sits on the lips. It's very creamy when it is applied but it dries out rather quickly and leaves a weird feeling on the lips. And it wears out  quickly all by itself. I could leave my lips all alone, not drinking anything and it'll wear off. I don't know where it goes but it just disappears. You can re-apply as often without any weird clumping but it doesn't feel comfortable on the lips. It starts off as an oil slick on my lips then it leaves an uncomfortable dry feeling behind. 

When I would end up drinking something or enjoying a meal, the lip paint will start feathering and almost breakdown, spreading outside my lips. At that point, I would just wipe my lips and re-apply after I finish my meal. 

Rating:

I am going to give this matte lip paint 1.5 stars on 5. I find the price for what it is, is ridiculously over-priced. I would not bother re-purchasing. The only good thing about this lip paint is the color and that it's cruelty-free. Otherwise, it pretty much sucked. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)