Rimmel London | Stay Matte Primer (Review)

Product Summary:

Stay matte primer can be worn as a matte, silky base before applying your foundation or on top of your makeup.

  • Ultra lightweight formula that minimizes the appearance of pores. 
  • Controls shine for up to 8 hours creating a soft, perfectly matte complexion. 
  • Won't feel heavy or greasy
The must have to keep you looking effortlessly chic without clogging pores. Cost around $6.99.

I ended up receiving this item in a Ipsy glam bag which is a monthly beauty subscription service where you get 4-5 items from sample to full size for around 20$ Canadian. You can click here to check out Ipsy.

***Not Cruelty-Free 👎👎***

Summer time= hell for Amanda. I love the colder seasons over the warmer ones because during summer I feel like I'm suffocating in the heat. And during the summer my face produces much more oil than it normally does during fall/winter. I prefer to keep the amount of makeup on my face to a minimum so I first apply this primer to my face. A little does go a long way. 

The primer does blend into the skin really well and it doesn't leave any residue behind. The primer itself is slightly tacky so it'll fill in your pores and it will completely smooth over your skin. I only have to use this primer with a little bit of concealer in the problem areas and my skin looks fantastic. 

I ended up testing this primer during one of our 30 degrees days and damn! There was barely any shine coming through. Even after an entire day of work my skin still looked fantastic. My skin doesn't stay perfectly matte, there's still a little bit of shine but it's nothing in comparison to how much oil I normally have on my face. 

Rating:

I am going to give this matte primer 4.5 stars on 5. The only reason why this primer doesn't have a perfect score is because it's not cruelty free. It's also the reason why I won't repurchase this item. Otherwise, I really loved this primer. It works really well and it doesn't clog my pores in the process. Just a damn shame that they're no cruelty free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)