Ipsy March Glam Bag 2016 | First Impressions

Boom I'm catching up!

Now if all of you do not know Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that for $10 or $20 for us Canadians a month you will receive 4-5 beauty products ranging from sample to full sizes. This is beneficial to those who want to try out different and new beauty products that otherwise wouldn't necessarily have been able to find in drugstores. Plus the value of the products you receive are higher than the $10 or $20 that you would pay.

For this month's glam bag the theme is Hello, Spring! Truthfully, it`s not very original but I`ll take it. I do like that the theme matches with the bag and the items in the bag. Well most of them anyway. Now for the impressions of the items.


1-NYX Cosmetics: Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Pink Lust.
This liquid lipstick is meant to glide on smooth, sets into a striking matte finish, is waterproof and be long-lasting. Retails for $10. Just by looking at the swatch I can say it is extremely pigmented and creamy. But it doesn't completely dry matte. Plus it takes a long time for it to try completely. Now the liquid lipstick drying on my lips is a different story. Hopefully it will dry nicely. I've been excited to try out more liquid lipsticks and this colour I would assume would look good on me for the summer. But it doesn't smell good and that's disappointing. Why would I put something on my lips that doesn't smell good? 


2-Margaret Dabbs London: Super Shiner Buffer.
This shiner buffer is meant to be easy to use, a highly effective buffer, instantly shine, illuminated nails and it will supposedly leave a long-lasting healthy shiny sheen. This damn buffer is worth $12!!! First off, this was extremely difficult to take out of the packaging. And I have no use for this product. I always paint my nails so no point of having this. 

3-Manna Kadar Cosmetics: Eye Shadow in Fantasy. 
This is a 3-in-1 pearlized powder blush, highlighter and eye shadow. It is supposed to be a lightweight, rich-pigment, is for all skin types and applies smoothly. It is worth shockingly $19. Omg the pigmentation is amazing! I stopped breathing when I swatched it. One thing I do have to say against this product is that the packaging feels very cheap. For an item that almost costs $20 I would have thought they would have done a better job on the packaging. I am very excited to try this out but as far as a blush? Well I will just have to see. 

4-Marc Anthony: Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco 3 Day Smooth Perfect Blow Dry Cream.
A combination of Mediterranean Olive oil, Argan oil, Shea butter and anti-frizz lock technology that supposedly makes curls/ waves desirably straight. The full size is worth $8.99 while the sample I have I'm guessing is worth $2.24. I'm excited to try this out. I don't normally blow dry my hair so we will just have to see if this works for moi! 

5-Pix!: Beauty Blush Duo in Rose Gold.
This is a natural mineral powder formula that reflects light and applies a perfect true to colour sheer flush to the cheeks. It is supposed to be hydrating and lightweight feeling on the skin. On their website they sell their duo blush with a kabuki brush for $18. However, I noticed I didn't receive the full sized blush so I'm guessing that the blush I have is worth $8. I absolutely love the pigmentation and colour. I know I an use it as a blush or a highlight so I'm really excited about that.


6-March Glam Bag.
I really like the bag because it's nice and it goes with the theme of Hello, Spring! And I also like that it feels durable. I'm guessing that this bag retails $5. 

Overall Impression:
This bag overall is valued at $54.24. This is not a very high valued bag but I'm mostly happy with what I got. 

Hopefully you guys enjoyed this first impression. Don't forget to subscribe for more first impressions. 

Amandaxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)