Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation Review

For today I will be reviewing Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Makeup in Classic Ivory (150) aka their foundation. First off, I have to say that this is the longest name for a product. Just say foundation, why would you say makeup instead? I just found that weird. 

This foundation is made with Goji Berry and caffeine, the formula is meant to visibly firm and improve the skin's appearance. This foundation can be used by all skin type's. It is also meant to smooth and even skin tone while giving the skin a radiant look. Basically, this foundation is meant to help the skin and make it look nicer. For more info on this foundation you can click here.  

This foundation retails for about $7-$8 but I got mine on sale for $1.87 because mama don't pay full price lol. You can find this foundation at drugstores and Walmart. I originally thought that the shade that I have is the lightest because classic Ivory is usually very close to being white (from my experiences). But no this is the third lightest shade in this foundation range. The lightest is creamy Ivory (120) but they only have ten shades. The darkest they have is medium beige (300) which doesn't seem as if it would match for darker-skinned girls. (Btw I'm taking this info from their website) It doesn't look like Maybelline has a good range of colours for everyone which kind of sucks. 

Going back to the colour that I have, it seems darker just looking at the bottle than what classic ivory should look like. When looking at it it looks like it has an orange tint to it which if y'all have been looking at my face in past reviews you'll notice that I am very far from being orange. As you can see below I swatched it on the back of my hand and it does look a shade or two darker than my skin colour. But swatching it on the back of my hand is one thing, actually applying it on my face is another. The thing with foundations is that you have to keep in mind oxidation. Even though a foundation may match you perfectly, throughout the day in the natural elements oxidation may occur making your foundation either looking darker or orange. 

This is the first foundation that I have ever purchased or have used on my face. I didn't ever have the need to use or wear one because I have a pretty good complexion regarding pimples and acne. However, I've noticed that the past few years I have been having a lot of extra pigmentation on my face so I needed something that would cover the extra pigmentation while also matching my skin colour. When using face products such as; powder, concealer, etc I'm always around the colour of fair and classic ivory. Even with the extra pigmentation on my face I'm still really pale but that is also because I don't ever go in the sun. (I'm really careful about sun exposure) 

When I applied the foundation on my face I immediately realized that it was WAAAAYYY too dark. So me being me I figured I could just mix the foundation with another product. So I toke my liquid concealer in classic ivory from +COVERGIRL which is almost white, put the product on the back of my hand then I toke the foundation added a good sized drop and mixed both on the back of my hand.  By doing this I was able to make the foundation match my skin colour. 

I do have to say that it evens out my skin while also making it look radiant and smooth. I really love the way it makes my skin look. The foundation is light to medium coverage but you can build it up to full coverage, I tried different methods to apply this foundation and I found applying it with a cosmetic sponge worked the best for me. I tried applying it with a brush but it looked way to cakey, and cake face is so not cute! The sponge that I used was from Real Techniques which I have a review on it if y'all are interested.  When applying the foundation with a sponge it felt like the foundation was melting into my face (that's a good thing). And with the flat side of the sponge I toke the mixed product and used bouncing motions, bouncing it into my skin. 

Now for the rating! I am going to give this Maybelline foundation 4 stars out of 5. I like the look it gives my skin just as you can see below in the picture, it gives me a flawless look, and I like the packaging because it's made with glass. I don't like that it doesn't have a pump (better control in dispensing the product). And I also didn't like that it didn't match me at all and I had to go out of my way to make this foundation work. I get when using a product you have to try different methods to get the results you want but it's not normal that I had to mix the foundation to have it even remotely close to my skin color. However, I love the way it makes my skin look. 

***(According to Maybelline, they have to abide to L'Oreal's animal testing policies. Essentially, what is being said is they don't test unless required to. This is just fancy talk. Basically, they are not testing on animals unless the country they are selling in requires them to test their product on animals.)*** 


Have you guys tried this foundation? Let me know what you think by commenting below! Don't forget to follow and share :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)