Ipsy February Glam Bag 2016 (First Impressions)

Woohoo I am slowly catching up! Slowly but surely.

Now if all of you do not know Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that for $10 or $20 for us Canadians a month you will receive 4-5 beauty products ranging from sample to full sizes. This is beneficial to those who want to try out different and new beauty products that otherwise wouldn't necessarily have been able to find in drugstores. Plus the value of the products you receive are higher than the $10 or $20 that you would pay.

Before going into great detail about the products I received I will talk about the theme for the month of February. The theme for February is Pretty in #IpsyPink. I like the theme I guess it does tie in with the whole Valentine's day holiday but as far as the products themselves? Not so much. I don`t understand why they have themes if the theme itself is not reflected with the contents of the bag.


1-Chella: Lipstick Pencil in Passionate Pink. 
The lipstick pencil is meant to be moisturizing to keep your lips soft. It is high in vitamins C&E and sunflower oil. The full sized pencil retails for $18. I have the sample size so I am guessing that it is worth around $9. It surprisingly smells like candy and it feels creamy when you swatch it. I'm not too crazy about the colour because I usually don't wear hot pink colours but it does seem promising. 


2-Naked Cosmetics: Mica Pigment in Sierra Nevada #02. 
Naked Cosmetics is apparently the purist and most natural makeup that exists. Their pigments are 100% oxidized Mica and they do not contain talc, oil, wax and other fillers that can be harmful to the skin. It is meant to be highly pigmented, supposed to blend well with other colours and products. And it is also of flexible use (eyes, face, lips, nails and body). I have the full size (I think) which is worth $14.99. Sierra Nevada #02 is a nice champagne shimmering nude that is just so darn beautiful. But I HATE the packaging! It gets so messy, so easily even just trying to swatch it. And the way that Naked Cosmetics did their pigment collections is weird. But otherwise I like the product itself.  


3-Luxie Beauty: Flat Definer Brush 221
This +Luxie Beauty Inc. 221 flat definer brush is vegan, cruelty-free and paraben-free. This brush is worth $15.74 and can be used to sharpen the brows or to smoke out the bottom lash line. I've been needing a brush like this in my collection. So I'm happy I got it and it is so cute! I love the rose-gold ferrule. I am excited to try out this brush!

4-Smashbox Cosmetics: Photo Finish Primer Oil
This primer is formulated to be a lightweight, lustrous oil. It contains 15 essential and lipid-rich plant oils to moisturize and soften complexion to make foundation look like skin. Also meant to reduce the appearance of fine lines and increase moisture in 4 weeks. I received a sample size of the primer which is worth $6.24 and the full size is worth $48 (Ouch! That purchase might hurt the bank account). I liked their other primer (you can click here for that review) so hopefully I'll like this one too. 

5-Perfectly Posh| BFF: Best Face Forever Exfoliating Daily Face Wash
Made with Aloe Vera, grapefruit, peppermint essential oils and natural micro-beads, it is  meant to gently exfoliate and leave the skin naturally radiant. I have the sample which is worth $6. While the full size is worth $19. I'm excited to try this product out. I love exfoliating cleansers so I'm not disappointed with receiving this product. Hopefully, it won't break me out. 

6-February Glam Bag
I'm estimating that the bag itself is worth $5. I really like the bag especially the design. It sticks with the whole Valentine's day theme. Plus it feels like a sturdy bag. 

Overall First Impression:
As far as the products I received I'm okay with them but I'm not overly excited about them. I did like the bag and the total value of it is $69.97.  

Let me know what all of you thought and what you guys received! Comment down below and don't forget to subscribe! Leave me a request on which products I should review. 

Amandaxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)