Kiss Of Darkness (Charmed, #2) By: Brandon Alexander (Book Review)
***This review will contain spoilers***
Summary:
Something changed Prue Halliwell on New Year's Eve, when a stranger gave her the most passionate kiss of her life. Now Prue feels driven to kiss every man she meets. At first this is fun, but when Prue starts to grow weaker with every kiss, the Charmed Ones know evil is afoot.
Can I just say how happy I am that I decided to read this book series!?! I've always loved Charmed since I was a little girl and the fact that so many years later I can expand more into the Charmed Universe just gives me such nostalgia vibes. This book was so good and honestly could have easily been an episode of Charmed that's how well thought out and written it was.
It's nice seeing the sisters interact with each other and essentially it seems like each book is going to be a new storyline or 'episode'. As I have mentioned in my Charmed tv show review, I did in fact buy a replica of the Book of Shadows but I'm surprised to say that the spells and incantations that was used in this book wasn't actually in the Book of Shadows. I'm going to keep track of what they were and the description of the necklace and of Lascaris. I have quite a few blank pages in my Book of Shadows so at some point with a lot of practice I will add them to the book. Thus, it will truly be one of a kind! I do have some acrylic pens in metallic shades so I'm sure I'll be able to make it look like it belongs in it.
Prue is my favourite out of all four of them so anytime I can get more stories pertaining Prue I am absolutely overjoyed. I have to say that the whole concept of kissing strangers to steal their life force and thus Lascaris in turn stealing Prue's energy was such a good idea. This was such a good story that they really should have made it into an episode. Here we are in book 2 and Prue already was close to death.
I loved that we got different perspectives throughout the book and we got to see how each sister thinks and feels. And I found it awesome how everything was sorta connected to each other. I am going to need a lot of practice when it comes to recreating the tarot card symbols to match Lascaris' robes but I am excited to try.
Rating:
Without a doubt 5 stars on 5. It did take me a little while to read it all because my life has been beyond busy but it was a fantastic read nonetheless. At the end of the day, the power of three conquers all and I am so excited to see what other adventures the sisters will be on.
Comments
Post a Comment