Thrash (Movie Review)

 ***This review will contain spoilers***

Summary:

In this adrenaline-soaked thriller, a hurricane unleashes a feeding frenzy on a town's stranded residents when flood waters draw in a swarm of sharks. 

What a better way to enjoy the summer than watching a shark movie? Anyone else had a phase in their childhood where they watched an obscene amount of shark movies? Eventually, I cam across some crazy movies that made you wonder what the writer smoked to come up with some of their ideas. Sand sharks, Sharktopus, and of course Sharknado. 

I have to say that this isn't the worst shark movie I've seen. It's not overly complicated, it's well written and the actors were phenomenal! I think what makes it work really well is that it's something that could actually happen. For instance, sharks being in the Saint Lawrence river in Quebec has happened multiple times over the years. Despite people believing that it's not a possibility. 

Since I was a little girl, I have had a fear of the water and of course sharks which realistically when would I ever come across a shark? I couldn't imagine being pregnant and giving birth during such a crazy time. Ironically, Lisa's mom at the beginning of the movie said that she wanted her to have a water birth. I don't think Lisa giving birth in shark infested waters is what her mom had in mind but it was the most stressful thing to watch and for a hot second I honestly thought Lisa was going to sacrifice herself to save her baby. Luckily, that wasn't the case and instead her mama bear instincts kicked in and she literally staked a shark with a piece of wood. The visual intensity of the scene where she's giving birth in the water and naturally blood is coming from her and during a time that a woman is the most fragile she gave herself a minute to catch her breath and kicked ass to save herself and her son. 

I couldn't imagine being in Dakota's shoes. Losing her mom at a young age and then losing your childhood home and then having to save a pregnant lady from dying and being eaten by sharks. Being agoraphobic and dealing with a hurricane while losing every physical memory of your deceased parents has got to be the sickest thing and nothing I would wish on my worst enemy. 

Rating:

I'm going to give Thrash 4 stars on 5. It was a solidly good shark movie considering we have decades worth of shark movies and this one isn't even in my top 5 of outrageously ridiculous shark movies. With some of the movies I've seen so far this year this has been a pretty enjoyable one. I just hope it didn't take a huge budget to achieve this because I'm getting tired of production companies wasting hundreds of millions of dollars for mid movies. The script and actors did an amazing job and it's a testament to their talent. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)