Wounded (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #24.5) By: Laurell K. Hamilton (Book Review)

  ***This review will contain spoilers***

Summary:

Anita attends the wedding of her close friend but finds that even on the happiest of days there are wounds that need healing. She and the wereleopards Micah and Nathaniel are asked to talk to the bride’s thirteen-year-old brother, Tomas, who is struggling to recover from a recent gunshot wound. Depressed and demoralized, Tomas isn’t doing his physical therapy and could spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair…How can Anita, Micah, and Nathaniel convince Tomas that he can heal when he’s given up? They tell him about their own scars and how they took back their own lives after they were wounded. And Anita will realize how lucky they are to have not only survived their pasts, but to now be able to make their own formal commitment to each other— and the vampire in her life…

When will I ever learn to not waste my time on these short stories? I think that there was only one out of many that I've read that was actually worth it. The others were just plain and simple a waste of time. I did like the premise of the story because in Dead Ice I was wondering what happened to Tomas and if Connie ended up going through with the wedding. 

Tomas is dealing with the aftermath of being shot but instead of trying to work his physical therapy he took the cynical route and isn't doing what he needs to to recover. He was going to be a track star and now he's confined to a wheelchair. But of course only the amazing Anita Blake can change someone's life. I'm tired of the narrative that Anita is the solution to everything. Makes her a very annoying character. 

I did like that Anita, Nathaniel and Micah ended up convincing Tomas to go to physical therapy but one thing I found wildly inappropriate to share with a thirteen year old is Nathaniel's story on how he was a kid who had to get into prostitution to survive. Anita's story about having to do physical therapy to regain mobility of her arm? Yeah that makes sense. Micah's story of how he went through a traumatizing event that in turn changed him into the wereleopard he is today. But Nathaniel's story? Bro, read the fucking room. What a way to further traumatize someone and to minimize what they went through since 'you had it worse' like what the fuck. 

Rating: 

I'm giving Wounded 2 stars on 5. I am officially taking a break from this book series. I really haven't been enjoying this reading experience at all. I feel burned out with this series. I will eventually come back to it to finish the series cause I can't leave things unfinished but right now I need to find my love of reading back. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)