Tarte | Tarteist Pro Glow To Go Highlight+Contour Palette (Review)

Product Summary:
Portable highlight and contour palette with three natural artistry shades. Rich, cool undertones mimic real shadow and light reflection. Highlighting powders deliver a buildable, micro shimmer strobe. Matte contouring powder adds balanced dimension. Powered by longwearing Amazonian clay for fade-free payoff. Includes: Gleam (pearl highlight), Burst (shimmering sand highlight) and Chisel (matte contour). Cost: $26 but I bought it on sale at Sephora for $19.50

***Cruelty Free*** 


One thing that I find beyond annoying when it comes to makeup is advertising a product as a contour shade when it's clearly a bronzer. A lot of people find it difficult to distinguish the two but as a company selling these types of products they should not be falsely advertising bronzer as contour and quite frankly should know the difference as well. Chisel (the contour shade) is extremely warm tone and not cool tone. It's straight up a bronzer shade with how brown it is. Normally for contour shades you want a colour that is grey and cool tone to mimic shadows i.e. contouring. Really disappointing that this is being falsely advertised.   

On a brighter note, this is the perfect little on the go palette for the summer. As you all know I prefer a less is more type of makeup look, especially, when it comes to face makeup. I tend to avoid foundation and to only use concealer. For the summer, however, if I don't have time for concealer I tend to apply highlighter and I'm on my way out. These highlighters are extremely pigmented and compliment me so much! 

Chisel is quite pigmented so I recommend using a light hand. When it comes to dark colours whether for the face or eyes it's better to use a light hand and build the colour instead of wiping it away and having to start over. 

Rating:
I am giving this palette 4 stars on 5. This was so close to getting a perfect rating because it gives me such a healthy glow. Even on days when I feel like crap I'm at least still looking put together when I use this palette. The only let down was the 'contour' being falsely advertised. It's clearly a bronzer but otherwise I have no other issues. I absolutely loved this palette, it's small and practical. If you haven't tried it yet I highly recommend you do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)