Treat Beauty | Marshmallow Cream Jumbo Lip Scrub (Review)

 Product summary:

Treat beauty's marshmallow cream jumbo lip scrub exfoliates lips smooth, prepping them for your favourite lip color or balm. A blend of exfoliating fair trade sugar and moisturizing coconut oil, this lip scrub is sure to leave your lips enticingly soft and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time. It's really easy to use, just smooth it on like you would a lip balm and let the pure sugarcane smooth away all the roughness. Costs around $13.99. 

I ended up receiving this item in a Ipsy glam bag which is a monthly beauty subscription service where you get 5 items from sample to full size for around 20$ Canadian. Click here to check them out.

***Cruelty free ❤***

I love the concept of a lip scrub in a tube/lipstick format since it avoids bacteria being introduced in comparison to regular lip scrubs where you dig your fingers into the product. No matter how well I wash my hands I still don't like the idea of digging my fingers into product. That is essentially a breeding ground for bacteria. While the packaging is great the actual the product itself leaves a lot to be desired. 

Whether I apply the lip scrub directly to my lips or pre-apply a lip balm, the lip scrub is still very abrasive and almost hurts my lips with how rough it is. My lips actually ache after I use this product. I don't know if I have sensitive lips but I've never experienced this before. And the worst part is that it doesn't exfoliate and remove all of the dry skin! It'll get rid of large chunks of dry skin but yet I'm still left with sensitive chapped lips. 

Rating:

I am going to give this lip scrub 1 star on 5. I had high hopes and I really wanted to like this scrub but man it's too rough on my lips. It's almost rubbing my lips raw and it still doesn't exfoliate away all the dry skin. I wouldn't recommend this to someone with sensitive lips like I do or else you'll be in a world of hurt. I'm happy that I received this in my Ipsy bag and didn't actually dish out $13.99 because I didn't like this lip scrub at all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)