First Aid Beauty | Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum (Review)

Product Summary:
A water-based serum that gives skin its daily dose of moisture for soft, smooth, youthful-looking skin. Formulated with skin renewing ingredients like hyaluronic acid, collagen and peptides, this serum helps hydrate and improve the overall appearance of skin. Its lightweight gel texture locks in moisture for a healthy, youthful looking complexion. Costs $38. 

I ended up receiving this item in a Ipsy glam bag which is a monthly beauty subscription service where you get 5 items from sample to full size for around 20$ Canadian. Click here to check them out.

***Cruelty Free ❤***

My skin changes with the seasons. During summer, I have very oily skin where I need to use cleansers that help maintain and control oil production and shine. However, during winter I am the complete opposite. My skin becomes extremely dry tot he point where it flakes in certain areas. Fortunately, I only have dry skin in my t-zone; middle of my forehead, between my brows, around the nose and center of my chin. 

This hydrating serum is not like regular serums where it has the consistency of face oils. The serum is thicker than a primer and is extremely moisturizing. It's comparable to putting water on your face that is how cooling and hydrating it is. Give it a couple of minutes after applying and your skin will completely absorb the serum and the best part is that it doesn't leave any residue behind. No matter how much you apply, it doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy or oily. 

The only downside to it is when I use a nickel sized amount of product it only hydrates about 90%. I have to use more of the serum to really hydrate my skin making me go through the product more quickly. It has helped improve my skin and reduce the dryness but unfortunately, not by much. I've been using this serum for a month and while I have seen a slight improvement I still have dry skin. It hydrates for the day but I'm still left with the same issue. This product is more of a temporary fix and in the long run doesn't have a huge impact. 

Rating:
I am going to give the ultra repair hydrating serum 3.5 stars on 5. I did like this product and it did hydrate and improve the overall look of my skin but the main issue I have of dry skin hasn't gone away. I'm looking for a long term solution and this wasn't it. If it didn't cause long term affects in over a month of using it then it never will. Plus the price tag is a little ridiculous. Sorry but there are drugstore serums and moisturizers that cost less and contain more product with similar ingredients. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)