On Remembrance Day By: Eleanor Creasey (Book Review)

(I received this book to review and all opinions are my own)

Summary: 
On Remembrance Day is meant to teach young children about remembrance and the toll of war. This book teaches them about the people who offered their lives in war, why we remember them and how we can honour them. 

Canada over the years have developed unique ways and traditions to honour and demonstrate respect for its fallen soldiers and veterans. Generation to generation there are Canadian families who have suffered the loss of loved ones due to international conflict and war. 

On Remembrance Day demonstrates the origins, traditions, and customs of Canada’s Remembrance Day in an engaging and easy to read way.

Thoughts and Review:
I'm going to be honest with all of you, as a Canadian I already knew practically everything that this book contained as far as traditions and customs. I will say that there were some monuments that were covered in the book that I did not know. But I am now glad to know of them. 

First off, Remembrance Day occurs on November 11th at 11:00 am. The reason why it is on the eleventh month, of the eleventh day and on the eleventh hour is because of the Armistice which was the treaty signed by the Germans and allies to end the fighting. It is a sign of respect to wear a poppy over the heart for those who have died in battle and for our veterans. When it strikes 11:00 am on Remembrance Day whether it be at Schools, Government buildings or a Drugstore there is two minutes of silence for all of those who lost their lives when servicing their country. 

Even though this is a short read, I definitely was humbled when reading it. I also got quite emotional and started crying. No matter how many years pass by since the last World War we shouldn't take our freedom for granted. I feel as if many of us do and we forget all of those we have given their life up for us to have ours. Even just writing that is making me teary-eyed. Here I am on my laptop, listening to music and my room lit up by my lamp having a relaxing time and yet I feel as I need to show more appreciation and gratitude for those we have lost. Not just myself but my whole generation and the generations after mine seem to care for more superficial things than what really matters most. 

Yes, there are a lot of factors that determined my existence but yet all the countless amounts of soldiers who have fought for the Country I live in have made it possible for me to have my freedom and the rights that I enjoy; that we all enjoy. I hope and pray for all the soldiers who have died in battle and because of war have found their way up to Heaven, have had a better ending than what they were given down here on Earth. 

This book definitely put things into perspective for me. I have a better appreciation for the Country I live in. Canada is a Peace-Keeping Country, that being said our soldiers do go to other Countries and Regions where there is a disturbance of peace among  its people. I am proud to be Canadian because of Canada's quest for peace and Remembrance Day is not only for respecting those who have served but to also remember not to glorify war. 

Rating:
I am going to give this book 5 stars on 5. On Remembrance Day by: Eleanor Creasey is a well written presentation of Remembrance Day, of Canada's values and traditions, and to remind us not to forget the sacrifice for our freedom. This book definitely put things into perspective and I am for ever grateful for receiving this book in my possession. If you are Canadian or want to become Canadian than I highly recommend for all of you to read this book. It humbled me quite a bit and reminded me why I should be proud for being Canadian. 

Hoped you enjoyed this review. Don't forget to follow my blog and comment down below what you thought 💖

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)