Bite Beauty: Lush Fruit Lip Gloss in Currant (Review)

If you have been following my reviews on Bite Beauty then you will know I am reviewing the third gloss part of the lush fruit lip gloss collection. For those previous reviews you can click here for the shade Rambutan and you can click here for the shade Strawberry. Do keep in mind that in the future I will try to collectively review the same collection (gloss,lipstick,blush etc) in one post instead of reviewing them individually.

This gloss claims to be a highly pigmented vibrant lip gloss with fruit oils and is instantly nutritious for the lips. This lip gloss is 99% natural and is made with real fruit. The full sized gloss costs $25. I have the smaller version of the gloss. Currant is described as a sheer plum and has a high shine finish. It does have a fruit-like smell to it. 

Pigmented lips strike again! If you haven't been in the loop about my lips yet well let me bring you right into it. I have naturally pigmented lips that at times makes it difficult to have the true colour of a gloss or lipstick on my lips. But at least with these pigmented lips I can see whether a gloss or lipstick is "pigmented" like they claim to be. I do have to say that even with my pigmented lips the gloss does appear as a sheer plum and it definitely has a high shine finish to it. 

What I don't understand is that the collection describes the glosses as highly pigmented yet currant as well as most of the other glosses are described as sheer. Ain't that weird? That's what I don't understand, why claim a gloss to be pigmented yet practically each one is described as sheer. Now that is a marketing fail!

When applying the gloss on the lips, the gloss has a thick consistency. I feel like I have honey or something of the like on my lips. I also cannot properly rub my lips together. The gloss does feel good for my lips but I don't like how it feels. If it wasn't as thick I'd probably like this gloss. But I don't enjoy it much on my lips. As soon as I have it on I just want to take it out. 

********Bite Beauty is cruelty free and so is this product👍***********

Now for the rating! I am going to give this gloss 2.5 stars on 5. Yes it was true to colour and it was nutritious for my lips I just did not like the feel of it on my lips. I do have to mention when applying a lip liner to my lips then applying the gloss the feeling of it was bearable but let's be honest with each other. We don't wear lip products for it to be bearable. Plus it was way to thick and it just didn't feel good for me. It seems I am not meant to like this collection. The reason why I say this is because if you peak at my previous reviews on the glosses I have not liked them very much. And before you all mention it I know that I have a snapchat filter picture down below. Believe it or not but this was the only decent photo I have of myself wearing this gloss

Let me know what y'all thought of this review and have you had better luck with this collection than me? Let me know in the comment section below. Don't forget to follow my blog for more reviews 💖

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)