Binge Watching The Hunger Games

I never was into The Hunger Games and all the hype and excitement of the movies. The first time I ever heard of The Hunger Games was about a few years ago and I kept receiving recommendations to read the series. And I read the description of the first book and I thought to myself this story sounds horrible. Obviously I didn't read the series so when I heard it was being produced as a film franchise I could not have cared less. Everyone at school was talking about it and I'm in the corner not paying mind to it.

So here I am years after the first movie was released and guess what was on TV last week? Yup you guessed right. The Hunger Games was on and I only got the chance to watch part of it because that day I was busy.  Believe it or not I actually really loved the scenes that I got to watch. So earlier this week I watched all three movies. Whoa weird transition, right? I was simply drawn in by the movies and the plot. 

I do have to admit I have a girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence. She is an amazing actress. And an amazing Katniss Everdeen. I always did love Josh Hutcherson and I've watched quite a few movies that he has stared in. So then it was no surprise that I was completely taken with him in the movie. 

Maybe it's the thought of being plucked from your home district and having to kill other competitors to stay alive kind of intriguing or maybe it's just this whole new way of thinking. Then again it has been speculated that in the future we might divide ourselves up to maintain peace. I pray that we won't as a species divide ourselves up and then kill each other for a game. I don't think we will but who knows what the future might bring.

I don't know why I ever thought that The Hunger Games series was a horrible story but I must of been looking for a different type of book at the time. I didn't enjoy the whole love triangle because we really didn't see the development between Katniss and Gale. So them being "in love" didn't really seem like a possibility to me. I did like, however, the loving relationship between Peeta and Katniss throughout the three movies. From them faking their relationship to them actually falling in love with each other. That was what I really loved.

I'm really excited for Part 2 of MockingJay but that just means that the movie franchise is actually ending. 

I definitely do believe we all have a bit of Katniss Everdeen in us. And I'm happy that we have a heroin that actually fights back and does not wait for her counterpart to fight for her.

Ps I am going to be doing more movie reviews so stay tuned for those and I am also taking requests so leave me an email at amandaweidensjo.inquiries@gmail.com or leave a comment. And don't forget to subscribe!

Comments

  1. Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble
    with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended
    up losing many months of hard work due to no data backup.
    Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've luckily never had my blog hacked ((I hope I never have the displeasure)) but I did have an email hacked which was pretty important to me. Some tips that I do have for you is if you have any accounts that are important to you such as your blog I recommend for you to sign in and be active every few days or so. And to also link your accounts. The way I was able to get control back of my email was because I linked it to another email. Taking these extra precautions might help you out with your hacker problem.
    Let me know if these tips help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
    However, how could we communicate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can send me an email at amandaweidensjo.inquiries@gmail.com

      Delete
  4. Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this website on a regular basis, if so afterward you will without doubt obtain good knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)