Deadly Messengers By: Susan May (Book Review)

((I received this book from the author to review. I am in no way being compensated for my review))

This is the story of Kendall Jennings a freelance writer suddenly turned reporter having a hard time keeping up with her bills. In her quaint low crime city mass murders are occurring and she is the go to reporter for the job. The problem is that the killers are not killers. If anything they are go-lucky people with a loving environment. Except they all have one connection. Would Kendall be able to find out what that connection is? Add that in with a past that still affects her present. Can Kendall continue writing these massacres without bringing up her troubling past? You'll have to read to find out.

I usually have a hard time reading e-books which is the form that I received this book in. I have a hard time reading them because I'm old school and I love holding a book in my hands instead of my phone. I liked Kendall because she is a character we can all relate to. She has a troubling past and is squeamish when it comes to murder scenes (aren't we all?). She is also portraying the difficulties of succeeding in a field that we have a love for and are trying to make a career out of it. I didn't like that the novel was a tad bit slow and underwhelming. But I loved the scene where Kendall makes herself a fool in front of the handsome detective O'Grady. Don't we all have embarrassing moments like those? 

For a moment I thought this book had to do with aliens controlling humans into doing what they want but boy was I wrong. In fact this book raises a whole other point about how studies are usually kept out of public attention simply because "it's for our own good". It was a tad bit predictable at times but nonetheless I laughed and enjoyed the book.

Onto the rating!!!!! 
I'm going to give this book 3.5 stars on 5 it's a 3 but not quite a 4. It was a good thrilling book that definitely many would enjoy which I did myself. But there were some minor grammar mistakes that I noticed which I didn't quite like. However, still a nice little read. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)