Drama Queen's Last Dance (The Morganville Vampires #9.5) By: Rachel Caine (Book Review)

Another short story from Eve's point of view but this time we see more of Eve's character and inner monologue. In previous books, Eve's unfavourable characteristics started rearing their ugly head. Her flippant behaviour turned up a notch. And normally, I wouldn't care so much but the fact that she would be so brazen and not think things through before acting out in front of strangers which basically could have put her friends lives in danger just made me realize that this wouldn't be the type of person I would want to be friends with or at least close friends. 

I can't believe it took this many books into the series to finally see that Eve is a very insecure girl. And she uses her goth outfits to garner attention. It was weird for me to read how in the presence of a new and beautiful girl, Eve sized her up and compared each other. To me that just seemed so weird because you would think growing up around Vampires that she would be used to being around attractive women and wouldn't be quick to make comparisons. 

Gloriana was new vamp in town who through her we learn that vampires have what you call glamour that can be used on other vampires, essentially, compelling both humans and vampires but she would instead use it on men from both species to feel attraction to her...yet again another insecure girl. She's described as being beautiful but yet still needs to glamour men to get their absolute devotion. Seems like someone doesn't like rejection. 

I did find Eve being immature when it came to Gloriana but the way Michael was defending her in the beginning? Yeah, I would be pissed to. I'm happy that Eve stood her ground and once she found out what Gloriana was doing to all the men, she ran after Michael and made him realize that he was strong enough to fight her hold on him and he did which led to Gloriana giving up. I was expecting a cat fight but instead we got an ego one and Eve won. 

This was such a fun read and absolutely loved it! Definitely recommend it if you haven't read it yet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)