New Blood (The Morganville Vampires #0.3) By: Rachel Caine (Book Review)
Summary:
This is about Eve and Michael, and life before and after the fire at Shane's house. All from Eve's point of view.
I have said it before and I will say it again, I love short stories from different character's point of view. I'm so used to reading from Claire's point of view that it's nice to have a new perspective, especially, from a Morganville native like Eve. When we are first introduced to Eve we believe from what Claire thinks that Eve is a badass, fearless and go getter. While most of it is true, what we don't see unless we read from Eve's point of view is how absolutely afraid she is of vampires, her family and her fear for her friends.
Before Claire ever came along there was Shane, Michael, and Eve which even back in high school Eve was crushing hard on Michael as written several different times in this short story. It's nice to see the trio and how they looked out for each other before Michael became first a ghost then a vampire and how life was in high school for these kiddos. We have a different perspective on the Collin's house fire but I will say it would have been better if we maybe had a scene between Eve and Alyssa. We know they knew each other but having a scene might have added another layer to the loss of Shane's sister.
I do find it interesting that we got a scene with a couple vampires from the Bloodmobile, and I wonder if them trying to obtain blood from teenagers their way of researching ways to reverse the disease that was plaguing the vampires.
This was such a great read and I can't wait to read more short stories!
Comments
Post a Comment