Flirt (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #18) By: Laurell K. Hamilton (Book Review)

 ***This review will contain spoilers***

Summary:

When Anita Blake meets with prospective client Tony Bennington, who is desperate to have her reanimate his recently deceased wife, she is full of sympathy for his loss. Anita knows something about love, and she knows everything there is to know about loss.

But what she also knows, though Tony Bennington seems unwilling to be convinced, is that the thing she can do as a necromancer isn't the miracle he thinks he needs. The creature that Anita could coerce to step out of the late Mrs. Bennington's grave would not be the lovely Mrs. Bennington.

Not really. And not for long.

The second I picked up this book I knew it was going to be absolute shit. I think it's the smallest book yet, the font was bigger to make the book appear bigger/longer and there's a section where Hamilton walks us through her writing process...As if that part wasn't bad enough that section was a good 20% of the book. This reminded me of the book Micah that was short, had a bigger font than normal and had blank pages to cut between the chapters. However, this book didn't have chapter numbers. I'm surprised we got the pages numbered because I've never read any of her books that didn't number the chapters. 

Once again we are given a book with no plot. It's like she was writing a book centered about this event that happened to Hamilton in real life and she eventually found a story to tie this crap all together. I'm disappointed that she thinks a small sit down dinner centered around flirting with a waiter was enough for her to think she had a good book/ story on her hands. Realistically, if you take this book out of the series, you don't miss anything and the rest of the books all mesh together without this junk. This should never have been published as a book, this should have either been sold as a short story (because it is a short story) or been published on her site for everyone to read for free. This gives the vibe of a fanfiction story that some fan made up on their own. 

I'm actually upset that I wasted my money on this book because I could've saved myself the money and found this for free online. And printing it would have cost me less in ink and paper than buying this book. I want to know who okay'ed this project to be published as a book in the series instead of a short story. It doesn't add to the overall story of Anita's world. I'm bummed that this series is going downhill faster than a plane crash. The last book was giving me early Anita Blake vibes and just to continue the series with this book is such a disappointment. 

Like yay, Anita finally raised a zombie in how many books now since she's last done it? And we're brought back to the whole lion pride issue with Anita not wanting to bind herself to Haven because he's not good at sharing but she's completely comfortable having sex with a stranger who abducted her to roll him like a vampire. She's collecting men faster than Thanos did with the infinity stones.  

Rating:

I'm giving this zero stars on 5. Clearly, not much effort was put into this and the fact Hamilton added a section at the end advising us how she even came up with this 'story' is insulting. A series is meant to have books that continues and adds to the story. This whatever you want to call it did no such thing. This book was a waste of money that I wish I could get back cause this book was not worth it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)