Blood Noir (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #16) By: Laurell K. Hamilton (Book Review)

 ***This review will contain spoilers***

Summary:

A favor for Jason, vampire hunter Anita Blake's werewolf lover, puts her in the center of a fullblown scandal that threatens master-vampire Jean- Claude's reign, and makes her a pawn in an ancient vampire queen's new rise to power.

I'm truly conflicted with this book. I'm not sure if I hate it or if it was semi-decent. The first half of the book was literal trash. Like, light that shit up and start a fire trash. And the second half of the book, it seemed like she was trying to do a plot but really that shit lasted only a couple chapters and the action parts were even less than that. As soon as I started reading this book I know shit was gonna go down hill. 

I really am curious to find out who green-lit this book? To me, it doesn't make sense that we would start the book out with pity sex. Jason is upset his girlfriend dumps him so his solution is to have sex with Anita to cheer himself up. And Nathaniel convinces Anita to have sex with both of them. First of all, if I ever had a boyfriend who tried to manipulate me to have sex with one of his friends because said friend was 'sad' that motherfucker would be gone out of my life. Who thought that was a great segway to Jason asking Anita to pretend to be his girlfriend and to go back home with him to see his dying father. This makes no fucking sense. Hamilton's books are progressively getting worse that every book I'm reading now I'm reaching a new level of anger and frustration. And that's amazing in it itself cause I grew up with a narcissist as a parent so I never thought I could reach such level of frustration. 

Another thing that was infuriating was Jason introducing Anita as his girlfriend yet blatantly flirting with other women and letting them touch him inappropriately. No wonder his actual girlfriend dumped his ass. If he acts like this with Anita and she's supposedly a good friend, I can only imagine what the girlfriend had to go through. Not only is he not respectable but he also manipulates Anita into having sex again with him. What is Hamilton trying to convey? Cause it's not like Anita is comfortable with her sexuality. She has sex and then has a whole moral debate on the sex that happened. Life is already miserable and shitty enough without having to deal with the internal guilty monologue of a fictional character. 

The book started getting interesting and we had a peak of a possible plot when the Mother of all Darkness put mojo on Anita and Anita put out a 'call' to all single male weretigers across the country. She ended up having sex with 2 weretigers and Jason for 2 days. Cue the guilt. Being introduced to a new group of supernatural is interesting and different to our normal content kinda wish we actually got introduced to the tiger clans leaders instead of Hamilton leaving that for another book. I think she's forgotten that books need plot or else it's just stupidity put together. As well, Jason was mistaken for someone else who is having an affair with a Master of a City's wife and of course the vamps weren't happy. They ended up kidnapping Anita and Jason but that action only last about a chapter. She killed the kidnappers and the human servant of the scorned vampire. Honestly, if you run out of ideas or are just burnt out, don't just put out garbage to get a paycheck. It's becoming painful to read and enjoyment left several books ago. 

Rating:

This shit is getting zero stars. I'm so close to quitting this series. The only reason why I haven't yet is because I have more of her books to this series and I don't want to waste my money. It's a shame Hamilton didn't expand more on the weretigers or even Marmee Noir. The potential was there but instead she choked and gave us sheer stupid shit. I'm praying for better reading material with her next book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)