Estate Cosmetics X Bailey Sarian | Venice Fling Eyeshadow Palette (Review)

 Product Summary:

This limited edition 9-pan eyeshadow palette is all the summer feels. Creamy, blendable and buildable, these shades are perfect for a beachy day vibe or a hot date night look. Includes matte and shimmer shades. It's a versatile sunset inspired palette with pops of color for your every need, hyper-pigmented shadows and they are blendable, buttery and buildable. Costs $30. 

Shades included:

Sol- Yellow gold shimmer | Bonfire- Coral  | Rose Tattoo- Papaya | Tan lines- Warm brown | Ocean Ave- Rose gold shimmer | Toasty- Brown terracotta | Roller skates- purple shimmer | Puppy love- red rust shimmer | Venice fling- cool dark brown with silver foil. 

I ended up receiving this palette from Ipsy by redeeming my Ipsy points. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service where you get 5 items from sample to full size for around 20$ Canadian. Click here to check them out.

*** Cruelty free ❤*** 


I love Bailey Sarian and her murder mystery videos! I really wanted to like this palette and support Bailey but unfortunately this was a tragic letdown. Looking at the palette the colors look beautiful and it has a great color story. You can do various looks with the mix of matte and shimmer shades. You can do a nice neutral summer look as well as a nice bold night-time look.  

Just swatching these shadows with my fingers they are pigmented, creamy and gorgeous! Applying and blending these eyeshadows together is a totally different story. The shadows that work well together  and that I reach for the most are the matte shadows and Ocean Ave. The shimmer shadows do not blend together at all. It becomes an absolute mess trying to blend them together. And the worst part is that they don't even stay on my eyes. The shimmer shadows move throughout the day and I'll have bunch of shadow on my under eyes/ cheeks. The only way to get a decent look is if you only use one shimmer shadow per look and even at that all the shimmers fallout once applied. And on top of that, I get so much fallout just trying to apply these shadows. 

Truthfully, I don't reach for this palette. It becomes like a chore when using this palette because I have to put in so much extra work to get these shadows to work together and then for it to work for me. The saddest part is that these shimmer shades are not as pigmented on the lids! Even using them wet it's still not as pigmented which is such a shame. 

Rating:
I am going to give Venice Fling 2 stars on 5. I expected more, I wanted to like it more, I wanted it to work for me and it's been such a disappointment. The matte shades were honestly the saving grace for this shitfest. I wanted to love it because I love Bailey but I am extremely happy I didn't dish out $30 for this. It's unfortunately not worth it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)