Ipsy August Glam Bag 2016 | First Impressions

+ipsy  is a beauty subscription service that for $10 or $20 for us Canadians a month you will receive 4-5 beauty products ranging from sample to full sizes. This is beneficial to those who want to try out different and new beauty products that you otherwise wouldn't necessarily have been able to find in drugstores. Plus the value of the the whole glam bag (all the products) you receive are higher than the $10 or $20 that you would pay. For more information on Ipsy you can click here.

This month's theme is Sugar Highness. +Christen Dominique looks so gorgeous! All the pastel colours are very pleasing to the eyes.  


1-Tarte Cosmetics| Deluxe LipSurgence lip crème in Wonder
This perfect poppy shade is infused with +tarte cosmetics famous maracuja oil for a softening and creamy feel. It also includes jojoba seed oil, shea butter and vitamin E to moisturize and hydrate the lips. The full size is worth $16 while the deluxe sample that I have is worth $8.53. I'm pretty happy that I received this lipsurgence. I really like the colour and absolutely love the smell. 

2-Marc Anthony True Professional| Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco Deep Hydrating Treatment
This treatment is meant to instantly condition and restore the hair while also adding strength. This deep hydrating treatment contains Argan oil, keratin and grape seed oil that helps combat damage, breakage and split ends. And is also sulfate-free and safe for colour-treated hair. This treatment is worth $2,99. I love hair care products and I am happy to add this one into my arsenal of hair care products. 

3-Beauté Basics| 3 Tone Bronzer
This 3 tone bronzer contains 3 silky smooth shades that is perfect for all skin types. It is blendable and buildable so you can create your perfect tan. This bronzer is worth $3.99. I'm happy I received this bronzer because I need to amp up my bronzer collection. My pale face needs to warm up lol.

4-Beau Gâchis| Paris Pro Series Applicator Sponge
This latex-free sponge is stiff enough for precise application of cream blushes, cream highlighters and foundations. It is safe for anyone allergic or sensitive to latex. It apparently blends better than a brush or fingers ad its shape is easy to hold and maneuver. This sponge is worth around $14. I've never heard of this company but I'm excited to try out this teardrop shaped sponge.

5-Jelly Pong Pong| Neapolitan Palette
These 3 coordinated and shimmery fall shades take the guesswork out of pairing colours together. They are formulated with gardenia flower extract to last up to 8 hours. They are formulated without phthalates, fragrance or parabens. And they can be used either wet or dry. This palette shockingly costs $17.95. I cannot believe this little trio palette is worth close to $20! It's almost as long as my finger, that's how small it is. I never would have thought that something so small would cost so much. But I'm happy that I got it.  

6-August Glam Bag:
I really like the design and the texture of the bag. I like that the design on the front of the bag shows a young woman with a perfect liner and crown made of makeup. It definitely looks and feels serene. The bag itself is worth $5.

Overall Impression:
I am extremely disappointed that my glam bag is only worth $30.46. This really sucks, especially, when Ipsy promote high valued glam bags. I'm happy with what I got but I'm disappointed in the overall value of the bag.

Hope you guys enjoyed this first impressions. Let me know what you guys received in your glam bag and stay tuned for my next first impressions 💖

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)