NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien (Review)

If you are a +Sephora member then you already know about their birthday gift/ free birthday item. Last year for Sephora members, Sephora was giving out two +NARS Cosmetics lip pencil samples in a set. The first sample was a velvet matte lip pencil in Cruella which I already did a review on it (you can check it out here) 

The full size depending on where you buy the lip pencils can vary in price from $26-$33. On NARS' website they sell their satin lip pencils for $26. While on Sephora's website they sell the satin lip pencils for $33 (I noticed that the price for the lip pencils went up). The sample size that I have is contains 0.05 oz and is worth around $22. 

These satin lip pencils are meant to be long-wearing and moisturizing. These lip pencils do not twist up. Seeing as they are chubby sticks you do have to sharpen them with the right sharpener or else you can't really use them once you use up the pointed tip. The packaging is nice and it isn't difficult to sharpen. However, with products that need to be sharpened a bit of the product does get wasted which sucks!

The colour I am reviewing for y'all is Rikugien which is described as a rose pink. You can see what it looks like swatched in the picture below. It is quite moisturizing to the lips and it feels comfortable as well. Rikugien adds a bit of colour to my lips but that's because I have naturally pigmented lips. You can tell what I'm talking about when you look at it swatched on the back of my hand and it swatched on my lips. There is a slight difference but if you have pale lights then you won't notice it. 

What I like about these satin lip pencils is that they add a bit of shine on the lips without being sticky. I do find, however, that Rikugien is a nice semi-nude lip colour. Especially if you want a bit of colour but not too much on the lips. When applying it to the lips it has the texture of a lip balm but weirdly enough it doesn't have a scent to it. It does last for a good couple of  hours but it's not super long-wearing. One thing I did notice was that once it dries it leaves a bit of residue on the lips. But otherwise it feels good. 

Now for the rating! I am going to give this satin lip pencil 4 stars on 5. The reason I am giving this product 4 stars is because it was moisturizing and it feels really good on the lips. It does last a while but the residue it leaves behind is off putting. Nonetheless, pretty happy with this product. I would like to point out that NARS cosmetics is cruelty free (doesn't test on animals) if that interests you.


Leave a comment down below letting me know what you thought of the product. If there is a beauty item that you would like for me to review then you can comment down below as well.
Hope you enjoyed this review. Don't forget to follow for more reviews.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)