Ipsy December Glam Bag 2015 (First Impressions)

I'm always late on these first impressions but nonetheless I always do them.

If all of you don't know +ipsy is a beauty subscription service that for $10 or $20 for us Canadians you can receive 5 beauty products ranging from sample to full sizes. If you would like to know more then you can click here.

 So for this month's theme it is from what I can guess a thank-you theme. Essentially, the card says thank-you for an amazing 2015 and we the subscribers have made them what they are today. The theme is okay but I wished that they would have made the December theme festive. Other than the red bag nothing tells me it's a December bag.


1-Marc Anthony (Hydrating Coconut Oil and Shea Butter Deep Nourishing Conditioning Treatment)
 I did a lot of research to find information on this product and it seems that what I received is full sized. It contains 50 ml and it retails for $2.99. I love trying out new hair care treatments. The treatment contains coconut oil, shea butter and biotin which is meant to restore dry, damaged hair. It is meant to add shine and protect color (another bonus!) This is a weekly treatment that you use after shampooing. You leave it in for 3 to 7 minutes then you rinse your hair thoroughly. I especially, love these treatments now because the ends of my hair are starting to dry up. I blame it on the Canadian weather :P Overall I'm really excited to try this treatment. 

2-ModelCo (Illusion Lip Liner)
A full sized lip liner worth $22 but it's not the same packaging. I find that really weird. From what I can see this liner wont be too difficult to sharpen. I was a bit apprehensive because it has plastic packing but the plastic comes off easily. I really like the color as you can see in the picture below. And the fact that it's meant to nourish your lips while also giving the illusion of fuller lips sounds great to me. I just hope it actually works.  


3-Elizabeth Mott (Thank Me Later eye shadow primer)
I have the sample sized primer that contains 5g and is worth shockingly $10. The full size contains 10g and is worth $20. (Omg is it made with gold?) Claims to be a lightweight/waterproof formula that prevents your eye shadow to crease (I have oily lids so I'm going to put this to the test). Hopefully, it will work like a charm!

4-Pacifica: Power of Love Natural Lipstick (in Nudie Red)
Got a full sized lipstick worth a whooping $10. This lipstick is 100% vegan and cruelty free. It's meant to be creamy, highly pigmented and moisturizing. I do have to say I'm not too crazy about the smell. It doesn't smell expired but I did check with a few people and they did smell the same thing (so it's not just me guys). The color is build-able but the color is still great as you can see below. I love how cute the packaging of the lipstick is!


5-Jersey Shore Spa: Anti-aging Lip & Hand Polish (in Vanilla Bean)
Worth $25. I was really shocked at the price of this product because it only contains 1 oz. Basically, this exfoliates dead dry skin. 100% natural/vegan. It can be used both on hands and lips. Essentially, you use this polish the same way you would wash your hands. I'm happy that I got this because it is winter and I've been needing an exfoliator for my hands.

6-December Glam Bag
I always average these bags out as being worth $5. I really like the bag and it feels really well made on the outside. I also like the quilted pattern on it and I do have to say this is one of the finer bags that I have received so far.

Overall Impressions:
I'm really happy with what I got in this glam bag. I know that I will be using all of these products. And amazingly enough this while bag is worth $74.99. I only paid $20 CD. I love the savings. That is for sure.

XXAmanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)