Amelie's Story (The Morganville Vampires #1.5) By: Rachel Caine (Book Review)

 Summary:

A brief vignette to understand Amelie's and Oliver's relationship. This was written very early on, between Glass Houses and The Dead Girls’ Dance...

This really was a short story of maybe 4 to 5 pages. I wish it would have been longer since I find Amelie from what little has been introduced about her in the first two books quite interesting. We don't know much about her. We don't know how old she is, how she came to become a vampire or why Morganville is so important to her. Out of all the places to choose to reside in, the United States wouldn't be my first choice. Especially, as a vampire. 

Amelie doesn't seem to like Oliver either but yet she allows him some leeway. I do wish to see these two go head to head which seems to be coming up soon in the series seeing as how in The Dead Girls' Dance he was plotting with Shane's dad to get rid of Amelie. I know Amelie doesn't take kindly to disrespect and I hope she puts Oliver in his place. 

From what little there was of this short story, Amelie is centuries old...dare I say maybe even over a thousand years old? She has truly evolved away from the blood thirsty vampire genre and wishes for peace. I cannot wait to find out more about her since Claire pledged her life to her. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)