Sugar Rush | Lash Smoothie Mascara (Review)

 Product Summary:

This 2-in-1 formula (it’s part mascara, part lash treatment) gives your lashes instant volume and length and helps deep condition with a blend of avocado, baobab, and plant oils. The want has short bristles to separate and define lashes, and long bristles to boost volume and curl. It’s everything you need in a mascara. Cost: $25

Sugar Rush was created by Tarte cosmetics. The packaging is deceiving but essentially it’s a makeup line curated for teens and young adults and is meant to be affordable. In my opinion   I don’t know where they thought a $25 mascara is affordable? Drugstore is $10 or less…

I ended up receiving this item in a Ipsy glam bag which is a monthly beauty subscription service where you get 5 items from sample to full size for around 20$ Canadian. Click here to check them out. 

***Cruelty free***

I have never had a mascara quite like this before. The bristles are extremely rigid in comparison to regular mascara bristles. If this is your first time using it I would aim on the side of caution and be careful applying the first couple times. I almost poked my out because I got too close to my lash line and didn’t expect the bristles to be that hard. 

Lash smoothie does add a nice lift to my lashes and make them look quite nice. I don’t wear false lashes so I’m always on the hunt for a good mascara. You can easily apply multiple coats of mascara without clumping. However, it’s not the best for long wear use. I’ve noticed that at the end of the night the mascara either flakes off or it ends up on my under eyes. It’s not a lot but still enough to be noticeable to me. 

Rating:
I’m giving Lash Smoothie mascara 3 stars on 5. Overall, it’s not a terrible mascara. It leaves my lashes looking nice. However, it’s hard to enjoy a mascara when it’s not long lasting. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)