Promise Organic| Nourishing Coconut Milk Daily Facial Scrub (Review)

 Product Summary:

A unique blend of organic sugar and organic walnut shells to gently exfoliate the skin on a daily basis. For normal to combination skin. Cost: Around $15. 

I ended up receiving this item in a Ipsy glam bag which is a monthly beauty subscription service where you get 5 items from sample to full size for around 20$ Canadian. Click here to check them out. 

This review is going to be a little out of the norm from what how I typically write a review. I will be completely honest I did not bother putting this scrub on my face and that's because I did not want to forever ruin my skin. The second I saw that walnut shells were used as part of the exfoliation I knew this was going to be a hell no for me. Walnut shells even if they are blended super fine are still too far abrasive for facial skin and can create micro-tears into the skin. 

I received this in my Ipsy subscription box and I just find it so odd that a company who focuses on getting the best skincare and haircare items would greenlight a product like this. Plus with how many people have nut allergies kinda seems a little backward to include. When I tried searching for more info on this product I tried finding Promise organic's website and could only find their instagram account. Their last post was a few years back and it seems they have gone out of business...definitely worrisome. 

Rating:
zero stars on 5. Yes, I'm still rating this even if I didn't use it on my face. I thoroughly believe in sharing information. Not many people know that walnuts in scrubs can be extremely harmful to your skin. Judge me all you want but I feel justified in writing this review. And hope someone can take away from it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)