I Heart You, You Haunt Me By: Lisa Schroeder (Book Review)

 (This review contains spoilers)

Summary:

Ava can't see or touch him, unless she's dreaming. 

She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. 

Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here. 

Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. 

He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds. 


This is definitely an interesting read, especially, since the book is written in verse. Aside from reading poetry or some of the classics, I've never come across a book in the young adult section written in verse. This book has about 200 pages but if compressed would probably be about 15-20 pages. It really is a short read but it's definitely enjoyable! 

This is about a 15 year old girl named Ava who lost her boyfriend Jackson. This is a story about loss, grieving and learning to be able to move on. At 15 I did not give 2 shits about guys. I was too wrapped up in my own world to really notice the opposite sex. So being madly in love with someone at 15 is a foreign concept to me. Let's be honest, how cringe were we all during the first 'love' phase? We think they'll be the greatest loves in our life and soon realize just how wrong we were. I just think she is insanely young to be so enamored and in love with someone. But then again people can find love at any age. 

Finding out the way Jackson died makes so much sense way Ava became so detached and was carrying around so much guilt. If I dared my boyfriend to jump off a cliff and hit his head on a rock when he jumped into the water and died, I'd be a hermit too. At least she had a good support system with family and friends around to try and help distract her from her pain. Unfortunately, not many people have that in their life. This book showed how to move on from the death of a loved one if it was best case scenario. I wish that there were heavier topics covered such as abusing substances to forget, suicide and drastic changes in behaviour. And I'm not just talking about sleeping all day. I'm talking about becoming extremely reckless and not putting much thought into their actions. If Schroeder would have included these types of heavy hitter topics then the reader would have a strong emotional reaction. 

Rating:

I am going to give I heart you, you haunt me 3 stars on 5. It was an okay read. Unfortunately, not fantastic but I have read worse books than this. But I will admit the cover is amazing! It was really well done. If you need a book to get you out of your reading funk then this book is for you. It's an easy read and it's super short. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)