OFRA | Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Ipsy Unzipped (Review)

Product Summary:
Know how some matte colors can dry out your lips? Not this one. The creamy formula is made with nourishing vitamin E to help keep your lips hydrated, comfy, and soft. It's lightweight, long lasting and stays put for hours. Unwind and unzip into this universally flattering nude-berry shade. Ofra's liquid lipsticks cost $20. 

I ended up receiving this item in a Ipsy glam bag which is a monthly beauty subscription service where you get 5 items from sample to full size for around 20$ Canadian. Click here to check them out.

***Cruelty free ❤***

Liquid lipsticks are a little tricky if you don't know how to take care of your lips. That is why lip scrubs are so essential when it comes to liquid lipsticks. It removes any dead skin and it prepares the lips before applying the liquid lipstick. While this liquid lipstick is super creamy, you still need to use a lip scrub or else you will get clumps throughout the day. 

This product is comfortable to wear on the lips. It's not heavy nor does it dry out your lips. It does, unfortunately, wear off throughout the day. Especially, if you are eating and drinking since the oils break down the lipstick. Even if it wears off, I'm still able to re-apply it without any clumping. It's easy enough to apply if you have a steady hand but you can use a angled/pointed brush with some concealer to clean up the edges for sharp lines. 

I'm not a fan of having to re-apply this liquid lipstick multiple times a day. It's tiring and annoying to do and there are other liquid lipsticks with better staying power. Even if I line my lips with a lipliner, I still have feathering that occurs and I have to constantly make sure the lipstick is not all over the place. 

Unzipped is an amazing color for fall/winter and it works really well with my complexion and newly done dark hair. I'm just not overly thrilled with the packaging. The cap of the lipstick got unglued so now I have to be careful when I twist it open or else the cap just comes off. Poor packaging choice on that.

Rating:
I am going to give this lipstick 2 stars on 5. I wasn't overly impressed with this product. It's a nice color and it is creamy but you have to re-apply constantly, there's feathering that happens often and the fact that the packaging didn't hold up with the cap just doesn't do it for me. The color is amazing and looks fantastic on me but it doesn't last long which just adds more stress to my day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)