Written For You | A play By: Joseph Cognard (Review)

 ***I received this play to review but it will not influence my rating and opinion.***
There will also be spoilers. 
Summary:
Find out why accountants should stick to doing the books not writing one.
Somebody must have suggested Bob Curry write a book. He didn't just wake up one morning with the idea. Or did he? Well, at least working in a publishing company he should have no problem finding someone to read it. Or will he? Read along as this dark comedy moves to an epic conclusion. Will you enjoy reading a play? Of course you will, don't forget it is and will always be, Written For You. 

This has been a surprisingly enjoyable read. I did not have much faith but don't judge a book by its cover! It's funny, witty, and so darn ironic it's definitely right up my alley. The last time I read a play was way back in my college days. And I had a very mean professor who toke the fun right out of it so my hopes for this play being good were very low since I only ever had bad experiences with them.

Bob Curry was an accountant who worked for Pratton Publishing company and was suggested by his psychiatrist to write a book even though Dr. Bael denies it and says she recommended he starts journaling. Bob writes this book, he asks everyone to read and unfortunately nobody does. The very few that do somehow end up disappearing. 

I honestly thought that Bob might have been Schizophrenic because he had delusions such as Joe the publisher appearing at odds times telling Bob what to do, telling him to kill someone with the knife he handed him. He even told him not to mention him to his psychiatrist since she was the enemy. Joe called himself Bob’s subconscious. Every time Bob would meet up with an individual alone, said person winds up missing and Bob has no recollection of how they ‘disappeared’. Anyone reading this play would think that Bob was the killer. Heck, I did! The killer was Dr. Bael! She ended up reading Bob’s book, published it online under her name and made a shit ton of money which is why she kept killing the people who actually bothered reading his book so no one would find out or else she’d lose her license and be put in jail. 

It's so darn crazy that his subconscious knew Dr.Bael was the 'enemy'. Bob goes to her office to retrieve his copy and she knocks him out, tells him that she stole his book and made a whole lot of money. Ironically, Bob winds up dying but not before he finds out just how much people loved his book which knowing that so many people read it and actually loved it he was able to actualize his dream. 

Dr. Bael killed Bob to cover up the fact that she stole his work and she made everyone believe that Bob was the killer this whole time. I hate injustice, especially, when a selfish person can destroy so many lives all in the name of money. But karma is a bitch! When attending Bob's funeral, his cousin Gail suggests to his mother to put his book online to raise money for the families who lost their family member. And the play ends with Dr.Bael overhearing this and being petrified that others would find out she framed Bob and stole his work.  

Rating:
I am going to give this play 4.5 stars on 5. This was a really enjoyable read for me, it was funny and so sarcastic. I ended up laughing out loud so many times with how witty it was. I was honestly so shocked with how much I would enjoy it. I definitely recommend it, it's such a good read. The reason why I didn't give it a 5 star rating was because there were many grammatical errors, although, I don't know if it was done purposely. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)