Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics | Liquid Gossamer Liquid Luminizer (Review)

Product Summary:
A lightweight, water-based, luminizer that gives skin instant radiance while keeping it moisturized at the same time. Formulated with ultra-fine, light-refracting coated mica pigments in a sheer, soft cream that gives your skin an ethereal, youthful-looking glow. Costs $22.95 for 8 ml/ 0.27 fl.oz.
I received this item in my Ipsy glam bag which is a monthly beauty subscription service where you get 4-5 items from sample to full size for around 20$ Canadian. You can click here to check Ipsy out.

More information on this highlighter;
  • 48% water-based
  • 78% natural
  • no mineral oils
  • no phthalates
  • no parabens
  • no animal by-products
  • hypoalergenic
  • non-comedogenic
Usage: Dot onto your cheekbones, brow bones, down the middle of your nose, and anywhere you want a soft light. Blend with fingers or brush. 

***Cruelty-free 👍***



Straight off the bat, I can say for a traditional highlight on the cheekbones this does not work for pale skin. For tanned and dark skin, this highlight would look amazing but it doesn't on me. On my natural skin colour it doesn't look very well, and it doesn't blend very well either. It leaves a bronzed look on my upper cheeks that just looks really off and wrong. Using either a finger or a brush it doesn't blend well onto my upper cheeks. The only way it blends well into the skin is using a beauty sponge. 

Using this cream highlighter to highlight my brow bone, inner eye, tip of my nose and cupid's bow works really well but if I use it to highlight my cheekbones then I need to darken my skin a little bit with bronzer or a tinted moisturizer. What I prefer doing is mixing this product with my foundation and it leaves a beautiful glow on my face. 

I've tried so many different ways to incorporate this product in my makeup routine and the only way I really enjoy this highlighter is just mixing it with my foundation and then for my cheek bones applying a different highlighter. I'm not a big fan of liquid highlighters just because it requires a lot of work. I love products that you can easily and quickly use. And this highlighter isn't one of those products that you can easily use.


Rating:
I am going to be giving this highlighter 2.5 stars on 5. It looked really nice once I got a handle on how to use it but it's just too much work for what it is. I need products that are easy to use when I'm on the go so this is a huge inconvenience to my makeup routine. I would not repurchase this item.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)