Tarte: Maracuja Oil (Review)

Product Summary:
Maracuja oil is a vegan face oil that is used to achieve a healthy, radiant complexion without your face feeling greasy. Not only is it for the face but it can also be used on dry skin, split ends and cuticles. This oil is rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C that is known to recharge, replenish and gives the appearance of smoother, brighter skin. It is formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium laury, sulfate and gluten. A regular sized bottle of maracuja oil costs around $60.

***Cruelty free 👍👍***

I received this sample sized bottle of maracuja oil from my Ipsy glam bag. If you don't know it is a monthly beauty subscription service. Check them out right here ➡➡  Ipsy Website

Strangely enough, when I smell the oil it smells exactly like this almond oil that I have. I swear when you put them side by side you can't smell any difference.

I've tried using this oil in the many different manners it is 'supposed' to work. I've tried using this oil on my cuticles and it really doesn't do much. Of course, they felt soft for maybe 5 seconds and then poof, it's like the product doesn't really sink into the skin.

I've also tried using it on my split ends and I got the same results. It doesn't really feel like it is moisturizing or nourishing. I feel like I'm putting product on my hair that really isn't doing anything.

The worst experience I've had thus far with this product is rubbing 2-3 drops on my face after washing my face. The next day I woke up with the biggest pimple I've ever had. It took forever to get rid of it and now I have a dark spot in it's place. The only real use that I have of this product is using this oil in my cream product palettes.

Rating:
I am going to give Tarte cosmetics maracuja oil 1 star out of 5 stars. And even giving this product 1 star is quite generous on my part because I've had such a horrible time using this oil. All these claims of nourishing and moisturizing the skin, hair and cuticles did not work at all on me. I honestly feel it is an over-priced oil with only one use to help blend cream products.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)