Lithium Luke and His Gal Pal Peanut By: E.Z. Peasy (Book Review)

(((((Will Contain Spoilers. I received this book to review all thoughts and opinions are my own.))))))

Summary:
Lithium Luke is on an epic journey to become special. Every person in Lithium's Luke world is special except him. When he journeys across the mystical land in search to find what his own special gift is he comes across all kinds of creatures from Jumping Jerries, Beezlebugs plus friendly and dangerous talking animals. He also comes across a smart girl named Peanut. Through all his exciting adventures with his new friends Lithium Luke learns something special about himself. 

I would like to thank E.Z. Peasy for sending me her book to review. Sorry it toke me so long to finally review but better late than never, right?

First thing I would like to say is that I have never read a book quite like this one. I'm referring to the writing style of it all and how the story was portrayed. The book was written as if it were an adult telling an imaginary story to a child right before bedtime. I call it imaginary because with some of the things that this author created you can tell that it was really out there and really weird. Maybe that's exactly how the author wanted to do it but for me the whole story was really weird. 

Truthfully, I feel like somebody on acid wrote this book because it's really strange from weird bugs, to talking animals, a pink snail which by the way I did google and all I found was an outbreak of pink snail pills and snails laying pink eggs. What the heck, right? 

It did take me quite a while to read this whole book and that's because it wasn't really challenging to read nor was it very entertaining. But it was very original. Like I previously mentioned I've never read anything like this before. I guess in a sense this book wasn't really for me but I like the whole concept of it. I like that even though Luke was on a journey to find what makes him special in a world that is filled with everyone being special, he realized that he found amazing new friends and that's all he really needed. New friends and his parents. 

Another thing that I liked was the fact that Luke was able to bring together a bunch of different individuals who normally wouldn't interact with one another as nicely as they did. I liked that he could bring together all of them and to to work towards a common goal. 

Rating:
I am going to give Lithium Luke and his Gal Pal Peanut 2.5 stars on five. The reason why I am giving it this rating is because after reading this book I know I'll put it away in my collection and never go back to it. However, this can definitely be an interesting read for children. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)