How To Marry A Millionaire Vampire By: Kerrelyn Sparks

 ***This review will contain spoilers***

Summary:

Roman Draganesti is charming, handsome, rich...he's also a vampire. But this vampire just lost one of his fangs sinking his teeth into something he shouldn't have. Now he has one night to find a dentist before his natural healing abilities close the wound, leaving him a lop-sided eater for all eternity. Things aren't going well for Shanna Whelan, either. After witnessing a gruesome murder, she's next on the mob's hit list. And her career as a dentist appears to be on a downward spiral, because she's afraid of blood. When Roman rescues her from an assassination attempt, she wonders if she's found the one man who can keep her alive. Though the attraction between them is immediate and hot, can Shanna conquer her fear of blood to fix Roman's fang? And if she does, what will prevent Roman from using his fangs on her?

I've read quite a few books over the years and I have yet to come across a book like this. It's one of those books where you don't really need to invest a lot of your attention into. It's more of a surface level book in the sense where you can read through and not need a lot of brain power to figure out what's going on. Like one of those Harlequin books where the two main characters end up together no matter the sequence of events. Essentially, we go through the highs and lows all while realistically the main characters have only known each other for a short while. Which those types of books aren't bad but maybe they're just not for me. Surface level reading doesn't make me invested in the series I prefer deep reading where I've heavily invested in the story and the characters. I like love stories but not one's where they automatically fall in love with each other without truly getting to know one another. 

I like the vampire world that Sparks created. A vampire world hidden in the human one where they have their own different line of cocktail blood and even their own tv channel. I enjoyed Roman's backstory of how he was a monk in his human life but my god I am beyond tired with centuries old vampires being riddled with so much guilt that he cannot allow himself to be loved. And not only is he full of guilt of all the souls he damned but he's also a damn virgin!!! My god can we have vampires with some self confidence without the guilt of growing his coven? 

Rating: 

I'm giving this book 2 stars on 5. It was a cute story with some cool characters but honestly I didn't really vibe with it too much. It's not a book I am going to read again nor would I want to. It is a one and done type of scenario. I need stories with more substance than what was given. To someone else this could totally be up their ally but I'll pass. I have one more book from this series that I will read cause I bought it and don't want to waste it. But otherwise it is a pass for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)