Kat Von D | Shade + Light Eye Contour Quad in Sage (Review)

 Product Summary:

Step up your contoured eye looks with the shade + light eye contour quad. Featuring four curated matte shades, this quad spotlights KVD's high pigment, silky, and blendable eye shadows in a coveted, coffin shaped palette. Bring out the best in your eyes with a neutral base, and then use the contour, define, and highlight shades to create your ideal eye shape. You can use the four shadows to lift, define, widen and narrow your eyes.  Costs around 26$

***Cruelty free ❤***

I had higher expectations from this product, unfortunately, what I got in return was a disappointing experience and a whole lot of fallout. The first thing I noticed as soon as I dipped my brush is the huge amount of product that kicked up. It felt almost like something out of a sandbox, it's everywhere and it keeps on coming. On top of that, it's hell to blend it. I'm trying to blend the shadow into my crease and instead of blending, the shadow just moves around. I have to work a long time to have something semi-decent. And trying to have 2 different shadows in the same area? Almost looks like a toddler was doing my eye makeup. It's beyond patchy and the only thing that saves it is a super thick liner to try to cover up the mess. I've tried using this quad with several different brushes and still got the same result. 

I tend to use the highlight eyeshadow for all over my eyelid up to my browbone. Then I use the contour shade (light brown/grey shade) in my crease to add definition. For the define shade (dark green) I use that when I want to darken my eyes but I also apply it as close as possible to my waterline to define my eyes and to balance out my eye looks. The base shade, however, for the most part I don't use it because it's too dark to use as a base since I'm extremely pale. 

Rating:

I'm going to give this KVD quad 1.5 stars on 5. I wasn't impressed at all. This was a lackluster product and just a overall shitty experience. I expected more because it's a KVD product and with that sort of price tag for four eyeshadows you expect something great. But definitely not worth it. I am able to make it work for me but man I don't want to spend 30 minutes each time I want a semi-decent looking eye look. It's unfortunate to say but I don't foresee myself using this quad again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)