Seventh Son: Movie Review

First off I just want to let everyone know that I watched this movie with an open mind because by just looking at the trailer I would never have watched this movie. But I thought hey I have free time today why not watch it? 

There is Master Gregory who is played by Jeff Bridges who is in a way a hired supernatural exterminator. And along the way he takes under his wing the seventh son and his apprentice Tom Ward who is played by Ben Barnes. And together they must fight Mother Malkin who is played by Julianne Moore. Mother Mailkin is queen of all the evil witches and is one of the most powerful ones. 

First off, Julianne Moore is one hell of an evil witch! She played that role so well it helped to overlook the bad script that was attached to this move. Honestly, what were the writers thinking? Just because you have a bunch of supernatural creatures and nice graphics you don't need a well written script?

If Mother Malkin was so powerful how come I didn't see her do something real powerful? Like what was she waiting for to dominate the world? What was she waiting for? I have no clue! It was weird. And then with Master Gregory training Tom was can I say lacking? Wow that's how you train someone? I do more in the first 10 minutes of my martial arts class than what he did training Tom. 

I felt as if there was something missing in this movie it didn't feel like the scenes were fluid. More like they were just random pieces of scenes put together to make a movie. Oh and what the heck was up with Alice mourning her mother for literally 20 seconds???!!! Oh then you kill Mother Malkin by just throwing a knife at her? Wow she is really powerful (eyeroll). 

Anyway off to the rating of this movie!!! I'm giving this movie 5 stars on 10. It was good but not great, however, Julianne Moore really played that character well which is why I'm giving this movie 5 stars. 

Have any movie requests? Leave a comment or email at amandaweidensjo.inquiries@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)