Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: Book Review

This novel is about the Bennett family that consists of Mr and Mrs Bennett and their five daughters. With the family not having a huge fortune to leave for their daughters, Mrs Bennett is worried to have her daughters married to a well established man.

One thing I have to say straight off the bat is how did I wait so long before reading this novel? This novel is simply amazing! And beautifully written. Granted there were parts that I had to read more than once. But other than that pretty easy to read and understand. 

At times I felt that Elizabeth was being too harsh on judging Mr. Darcy and she should of kept an open mind about him yet she didn't. What was not very clear was how she came to "love" him. And I'm using quotation marks because yes she realized that he is not that horrid a man to be matched with but how did she fall in love with him? That's what's confusing to me. 

The one character I've come to love was (drum roll) Mr. Darcy. He is one of the characters that have undergone a tremendous change. He paid off Mr. Wickhams debt which if you know the history between the two you'll realize that this is a huge effort on his part. What really got me to love him was that he was willing to do that for her and not for anyone else. 

There were times that I just wanted this novel to end and there were times I found myself enjoying it. 

Overall this was a good novel and I can finally say that I read Pride and Prejudice. 

Did you guys read this novel? Leave a comment and let me know what you thought. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)