Shark Lake (Movie Review)

Shark Lake features the great Dolph Lundgren, Sarah Lane, and Lily Brooks O'Briant. This movie was actually released earlier this month and I actually got a chance to watch it. Surprising, right? I haven't done a movie review in a long time if you don't count the collective Hunger Games review that I did on the three movies released so far (fiy I cannot wait for the last movie). If you want to take a look at my review on the Hunger Games movies you can click here.

This movie follows a black market exotic dealer named Clint (Dolph Lundgren) however, one bad run in with the best cop in Lake Tahoe Meredith Hendricks (Sarah Lane) Clint is sent right to prison for five years and his daughter (Lily Brooks O'Briant) is left in custody with detective Hendricks. The one problem is that during the car chase that sent Clint to prison, he crashed his truck into the town lake and an exotic animal that he was transporting escaped into the lake. Now I think we all know where this leads to.

First off, I would like to start off with that I never pegged Dolph Lundgren as a shark movie kind of guy. I always imagined him as an action ass-kicker kind of guy because that is most of his movie roles. But of course there is a fight scene involved with Dolph Lundgren.

Oh wow bad acting from a sexy scantily clad girl. How surprising. Can someone explain to me when a movie is centered around marine life mammals there are half-naked girls with an IQ lower than a bag of rocks? Is that part of a check-list I'm not aware of?

So finally the shark is coming out to play. Here's the thing, the shark that is in the lake is a bull shark meaning that it can adapt to the lack of salt in the lake. A bull shark can be in either fresh or salt water. Pretty cool kind of shark if you ask me. BTW that actually happened here in Quebec where they found Bull sharks in the St. Lawrence river that was connected to the Atlantic ocean.

Y'all can call me crazy for not wanting to go into lakes and oceans but I'm not getting bitten by sharks now, am I?

Dolph Lundgren looks amazing for his age. But him wrestling a shark? Yeah that doesn't seem really likely to happen.

Now onto the ratings! Overall the movie was okay. I find that shark movies have been over done if Dolph Lundgren wasn't a part of this movie then the rating I was about to give wouldn't be as high. So as long awaited I'm going to give this movie 6/10 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)