Going to college? Here's some advice!

Going to college seems like the best thing that can happen to a teenager or young adult, right? Well it's more stressful than one can imagine. I entered college or here in Quebec we call it cegep at a mere age of 16. Yup you read that right. At 16 entering college I was a bundle of nerves. And forget about asking a teenager what they want to do for the rest of their lives. I wasn't ready to answer that question. I mean did you know any 16 year old who knew what they wanted to do? Didn't think so.

Now I've gone through a whole year of cegep. And let me tell you that year was a roller coaster of emotions. But it doesn't have to be that way. Hopefully by the end of this post you will leave more knowledgeable than before you came across here.

Tip #1
Do  not and I repeat do not do more than what you can do. And that means don't join every single club that interests you. The first thing you have to do when going into a new environment is adjusting to it. The cegep I go to is enormous!! lol maybe not but it seems so at first. Get used to your surroundings and once you get adjusted to that focus on school (classes) next. I remember feeling as if I was committing myself to too many things. Do not do that!! that just adds stress into your life. One can be easily overwhelmed but you don't have to be. Get used to things slowly and don't spread yourself thin.

Tip #2
You have no idea what you want to do for the rest of your life? Well THATS OK!! If you like a program go into it. If something interests you then study it. And you shouldn't rush your education. College is the time in your life where you can take a step back and look at the things that interest you and help you decide what you want to do for the rest of your life. Trust me when i say this, you do not need to rush your education. 

Tip #3 
Finally, just have fun! No I don't mean go crazy, drink, and go to parties every week . I mean enjoy your final years as a teenager. You're not yet an adult or maybe legally you are but you don't have to deal with all the stress that comes with being an adult. Yes school is important. However, there is something else that is even more important. And that is your happiness. If you are not happy and enjoying your life then what's the point? Don't sacrifice your happiness for a grade, for school. I can personally say that I did that and trust me it's not worth it.

Hopefully, this helped you in any possible way in preparing yourself for college. And remember be happy! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Instant Tone Corrector (Review)

True Blood: Season 1 Episode 6 Cold Ground (Episode Review)

Ouija: Origin Of Evil (Movie Review)